Prairie Sky School Vision
We educate children holistically through Art, Community, and Nature.
Our Purpose ~ To deliver the Saskatchewan Curriculum through:
Art … where our curriculum is integrated with visual and performing arts offering mindfulness, expression, and creativity in a natural, beautiful, and purposeful environment.
Community … by nurturing an ethic of support and care:
- As individuals, we are open, empathetic, and socially responsible.
- We foster inclusive, holistic relationships that start with individuals then blossom out into the larger community and world.
Nature … through an indigenous lens we care for:
- The Natural World: We foster our interconnection to the natural world; land, place, people.
- Human Nature: We celebrate the balance of Head, Heart, and Hands (critical thinking/academics, social/emotional learning, experiential learning/real-life skills) and support the freedom to be who we are.
- The Nature of Learning: We honour our students’ intrinsic desire to learn and thrive in a safe and holistic environment with effective leadership.